When a storm is on the horizon in the Pearland, TX area, it’s important to take the necessary steps to prepare your home. Barry Insurance Group, serving the area residents with their flood insurance needs, is here to assist.
Here are some tips to help you get started:
1. Check your windows and doors for cracks or damage, and make sure they’re securely shut. It’s also a good idea to have a plan in place in case you need to quickly shut them during the storm.
2. Clean out any debris from rain gutters and downspouts, as clogs can cause water damage. Make sure all exterior drains are functioning properly as well.
3. Inspect your roof for any missing or damaged shingles, and if there is any damage make sure it is repaired before the storm hits.
4. Trim branches that may fall on your roof or property during the storm and remove any fallen trees or limbs from around your house and yard before the storm arrives.
5. Unplug electronic items that aren’t being used as these can be damaged by power surges caused by storms. If you have an attic fan, make sure it’s disconnected too in order to prevent it from blowing off during high winds associated with storms.
6. Store patio furniture, grills, and other outdoor items away in a safe location like a garage or shed so they don’t get blown away by high winds or heavy rains associated with storms.
7. Make sure you have plenty of flashlights, candles, and batteries as power outages are common during storms – having light available will ensure safety while navigating around your home in low visibility conditions due to darkness or inclement weather outside of it!
Get The Right Coverage For Your Needs
For more tips and to get flood insurance for your best protection, give us at the Barry Insurance Group a call today. We proudly serve the Pearland, TX area.